1. DJ Furious, Please tell us a little bit about yourself, where are you from and what inspired you to become a professional DJ, and who has been the biggest influence in your life? I am part of a DJ crew called "Drumsquad". I am also a guest DJ on Sirius Radio with Sway In The Morning. I am also the official DJ for Jimmy Jazz clothing stores in NY. I also have my very own radio show on DTFRadio.com.
2. Where are you from and how long have you been DJing? I was born and raised in Queens, New York. I've been djing solidly for over ten years.
3. Who taught you how to DJ and what type of music do you spin? My cousin taught me how and I was so inspired by him. When in his presence, i just watched him spin and in turn purchased my very first turntables and vinyls. Once i saw my cousin spin, I knew what I wanted to do with my life.
I was also mentored by DJ Scratch from EPMD and Kid Kapri. I approached these two pioneers in the dj game because i was eager to learn the craft and they responded positively and helped me branch out and saw a lot of potential in me.
4. Is your culture important and does it define your sound? Yes, the Hip Hop culture inspires my sets and my Ecuadorian roots help me stay grounded. I enjoy both cultures and love the way music bridges all races and and genres of music. New York City never sleeps!!
DJ Furious with DJ Mark Ronson
5. How has music changed your life? Music is like therapy for me. It is like medicine to me. When i am down, I turn to my music for strength and it helps me stay focused. I can't imagine being without my music. I love the way people feel when I am spinning and bringing that energy that ignites the crowd. I love making people feel good through music and It is almost like being a doctor behind the booth. The way i feel when i am djing and doing what I love is such an amazing and beautiful feeling. Nothing comes close to this. This feeling is everything to me.
I am also an artist shedding my light on the masses. It is the best feeling in the world.
6. What kind of services do you provide, wedding, clubs, venues? I enjoy traveling and helping to develop and give new and established artists exposure. I am a record breaker and am out on the grind discovering new music that no one else has. I spin exclusive music and let the audience decide if they love it or not.
DJ Furious on the 1s and 2s
I love spinnig at clubs, I enjoy spinning on radio and also do service private events. I am open and I am here to get the job done. I am pretty versatile and I feel that my creativity has no limits.
7. Do you produce and work with other artists to expand your brand? I do, I do have an artist of my own Eny, The Artist, he is based in NYC and he is a great talent. We are currently working on some new music and are eager to share it.
DJ Furious with David Banner and Eny, the artist
8. Where can we find you? Do you have sets or links where we can buy your music?
9. What advice would you give to someone who aspires to be like you? I would tell them to be consistent. Be clear of your goals and know why you are in it. Stay focused regardless of the many distractions that may be involved. Do not worry about the naysayers and be proud of yourself for making your dream a reality.
DJ Furious with L.A. Reid
10. Is there something else you'd like to share with us? Yes, I have a couple big endeavors for the new year and can't wait to announce it soon! I love the idea of growth and do everything in my power to make it happen!